University of Glasgow funding
The International Partnership Development Fund (IPDF) supports the University’s international collaboration activities. For 2016-17, 70% of the funding has been set aside to support the University's strategic alliances. For more information: International Partnership Fund
This new fund is available to support PhD students and post-doctoral researchers from the University of Glasgow to visit or conduct research at
- Columbia University (New York)
- McGill University
- the University of Hong Kong.
- the University of Sydney
For more information: Principal’s Early Career Mobility Scheme.
There are also staff mobility opportunities available.
Glasgow’s Intenational Experience Fund (I.E.F) is an exciting opportunity for any member of staff at the University to enhance their personal and professional outlook by undertaking a visit to a partner or other institution overseas (e.g. U21, Guild of European Research-Intensive Universities, etc).
Other University funding pages
|University of Glasgow International Experience Fund||to encourage staff, both academic and support, to undertake international visits and exchanges with overseas partner institutions and other potential partners|
|Erasmus+ Staff Training Mobility Funding (all university staff)||offers professional development opportunities for academic and professional services staff to improve the skills required for their current job by participating in training in an another country in Europe.|
|Erasmus+ Staff Teaching Mobility Funding||for academic staff to teach at a partner institution in one of the 30 participating countries in Europe.|
|International Credit Mobility (ICM)||for doctoral students, post-doctorates and staff for visits to universities worldwide (check web for latest partners)|
There are a number of external funding schemes which offer support for the development of collaborative activity with international partners, including:
- Newton Fund: building science and innovation capacity in developing countries
- UKIERI (UK India Education and Research Initiative): to fund activity with partners in India
The European Commission's international co-operation programmes in higher education and training include:
- Erasmus+: enhancing quality in higher education through scholarships and academic co-operation worldwide;
- Jean Monnet programme: promoting teaching and research on European integration;
- ALFA III: supporting co-operation between higher education institutions in the EU and Latin America.
The International Unit also advertise funding opportunities.