Orientation & Welcome
Orientation & Welcome
The International Student Support team are here to ensure you settle in to University life as quickly and as smoothly as possible.
We recommend the following programmes organised by our team.
International Orientation Programmes
International Orientation Programmes take place every January and September.
According to feedback, 97% of 2016 International Student Orientation participants would recommend attending an International Student Orientation programme.
- The next International Student Orientation programme will take place from 5th September 2017.
- The programme is open to all new undergraduate and postgraduate students from outside the UK who have been accepted to University of Glasgow from September 2017.
- Please click here to view the International Orientation Programme.
Registration is now closed.Remember you can visit our Welcome Desk on level 1 of the Fraser Building!
The Welcome Programme takes place every January and September.
- The next Welcome Programme will take place from 1 - 22 September.
- The aim of the programme is to assist new international students during the arrival period.
- Our Welcome Team will be at Glasgow International Airport welcoming our newly-arrived students from 1-10 September and on selected dates there will be a free coach service to take you directly to your University accommodation (2, 3, 4, 8 & 9 September only).
- The Welcome Desk is located at International Arrivals. If you arrive via Domestic Arrivals on a day transport is not provided please follow signage to International Arrivals where a member of our Welcome Team will assist you.
- A Welcome Desk offering assistance with your orientation and welcome-related questions will also be available on level 1 of the Fraser Building from 1- 22 September.
Registration is now closed. Look out for our team at International Arrivals at Glasgow Airport 1-10th September!
Registration & Guidance Notes
Guidance notes about registration - PLEASE NOTE REGISTRATION FOR ORIENTATION IS NOW CLOSED
- Changes to your pre-booked Orientation events
After you have made your online registration for an event, you can change the event as long as places are still available. For example, if you want to change the Walking Tour that you have already booked, go back into your reservation and select the new Walking Tour. This will automatically delete your previous walking tour. You can also change your other pre-booked events, including your Free Airport Bus reservation. By changing one event will not change the other pre-booked events.
It is important that you do not delete the other pre-booked events that you still want to participate in when making a change to your reservation.
- Free Airport Bus
Our Free Bus at the airport is for our newly arrived international students but if you have family and friends who have travelled with you, please check with our Welcome Team when you arrive and they will let you know if they can accommodate you on our bus. If we cannot take your family and friends on our bus, the Welcome Team will direct you to the taxi rank or public services buses.
If you have any problems with your registration, please contact email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you in Glasgow.
Orientation at other times of the year
If you are unable to join us at the International Student Orientation programme, you can still meet us throughout the year to discuss any queries.
You can do this by booking a one-to-one appointment via MyGlasgow.