The Print Unit provides printing services to all University departments, its wider partners, staff, students and external customers.
We endeavour to provide a cost effective professional service offering guidance and assistance to our customers regarding all their print requirements from initial enquiry to completion.
Our services include:
- volume black and white photocopying
- volume colour copying
- professional digital colour printing on a full range of paper and board (card) up to A3
- file preparation conforming to University of Glasgow visual identity
- drop-in fast turnaround copying and binding
- University stationery including letterheads, compliment slips and business cards
- private work
We have a range of finishing equipment that can produce materials such as:
- comb, wire and velo soft bound workbooks,reports, teaching materials
- perfect bound books (paperback style) and saddle-stitched (stapled) booklets
- numbered NCR forms and order books
- personalised mailings, surveys
- numbered tickets and invitations, menus creased for folding
Opening Hours & Location
The Unit is staffed Monday to Friday for email and telephone enquiries:
- 0900 - 1230
- 1330 - 1700
Our counter service for drop-in customers is open Monday to Friday:
- 1000 - 1230
- 1330 - 1600
The Print Unit is located in the James Watt South Building.
Enter at the main entrance and walk diagonally to glass doors and down the main staircase to Level 2 (basement). We are halfway along the corridor on the right.
To place print orders, request an estimate or if you have any queries -
Contact telephone: 0141 330 4261
Head of Photographic Unit and Print Unit: Stephen McCann
Print Unit Supervisor: Raymond Dickson
Finance Assistant/Secretary: Tracey Perrie
Senior Print Assistant: Nuala Dickson
If requesting an estimate for print work, please email your request to us. Include your contact details. Give as much information as possible about the prospective print job. This information may include – quantity, binding/finishing method, how many printed pages, double-sided/single-sided, cover on card, whether full colour, black & white or mixed print, whether a press ready file will be supplied or work needed to prepare the file for print, deadline for delivery.
Finally, attach a sample file to let us to see the job. All of this information will allow us to supply a more accurate quotation and allow us to assess all stages of the work to ensure that we can comfortably meet the delivery time.
Sending work electronically
Our order form should be printed, completed and sent to us along with your file (preferably as a Press ready Acrobat PDF) for printing.