Funding Still Available - International Partnership Development Fund

Funding Still Available - International Partnership Development Fund

Issued: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 14:57:00 BST

Please note that the 2017-2018 International Partnership Development Fund (IPDF) is still open, however the deadline for allocation is fast approaching. Already £40,000 has been committed to support partnership development this year with matched funds from Colleges.

We have some funds remaining and strongly encourage applications from colleagues seeking to build partnerships, particularly with strategic partners,  which will enhance our global reach and reputation. Note that the money is for in-year funding and so must be spent before the end of July.

In order to help develop and raise the profile of strategic partners within the University, 70% of the Fund is for applications to work with the University’s IPDF strategic partners. The remaining 30% is to support applications for work with non-strategic partners.

Partnership development is a critical element of the University’s approach to internationalisation. Since 2007, IPD Funding has been made available to University staff to pump-prime the development of sustainable and mutually beneficial international partnerships between the University of Glasgow and high-quality academic institutions and education providers worldwide. It is intended that the fund will continue to provide financial support for:

  • Groups of University of Glasgow staff (either within or cross-College) wanting to organise a large delegation visit to a strategic University partner;
  • Collaborative programme development and other partnership opportunities compatible with Colleges’ international strategies and activities;
  • Establishing international research collaborations at School or College level, e.g. setting up PGR student mobility;
  • In some cases, the fund can be used to support an extension of conference travel, as long as the IPDF award is used for partnership development at a School or College level (i.e. IPDF money should not to be used for conference travel);
  • The IPDF will support applications for follow-up funding to take forward a partnership project which has already been initiated (as long as the first stage of funding was through the IPDF);
  • Any collaboration leading to a sustainable partnership is eligible for consideration.
  • Any application must be supported at College level with the provision of ‘matched’ funding (Services should gain match-funding support from the Director/Head of Service). Applicants should consult their College Internationalisation Dean before submitting their application.

For more information, please visit International Partnership Funding