What is it?
A standard certifying letter confirms your personal information, programme information and study fees. You can use it to confirm your status as a registered student, or for proof of address.
Who is it for?
This facility is available to fully registered and Graduates/former students.
What it contains
A standard certifying letter containing the information below can be downloaded from your MyCampus Student Centre.
The letter contains:
- Your student number
- Your name
- The name and duration of your course, current year of study and mode of attendance
If you require more information than is available on the standard letter, please apply for a Certifying Letter using the instructions below, detailing your additional requirements.
Cost & payment options
- Currently registered students: No charge(up to a maximum of 5 copies)
- Former students and graduates: £10.00 for first copy plus £1.00 for each additional copy per request
- Credit/Debit card: Using this Payment Form (Payment forms cannot be submitted by email. The University does not accept American Express or Diners Club.)
- By cheque: payable to 'University of Glasgow' by post or in person at the Student Services Enquiry Desk (Please Note: No payments can be taken after 4pm).
- By cash: in person at the Student Services Enquiry Desk - (Please Note: No payments can be taken after 4pm). Please do not send cash in the post.
- By fax: +44 (0) 141 330 3542
- By post: Student Services Enquiry Team, University of Glasgow, Fraser Building, Glasgow G12 8QQ