What is it?
University of Glasgow degree parchments are issued in Latin, and now contain an English translation at the bottom of the parchment. If you received a parchment before the English translation was included, organisations/potential employers may request that you send a copy of your degree translated into English.
You can organise this by requesting a degree translation.
Who is it for?
This facility is available to Graduates/former students.
We do not offer a degree parchment legalistation/certification service. Find out more about legalisation & certification service.
What it contains
A translation into English of the details contained on your official University of Glasgow degree parchment.
Cost & payment options
- By credit/debit card: Telephone +44 (0)141 330 7000. (Please Note: No payments can be taken after 4pm). The University does not accept American Express or Diners Club.)
- By cheque: payable to 'University of Glasgow', by post or in person at the Student Services Enquiry Desk - (Please note: No payments can be taken after 4pm).
- By cash: in person at the Student Services Enquiry Desk - (Please Note: No payments can be taken after 4pm) Please do not send cash in the post.
- By post: Using this Payment Form - send to Student Services Enquiry Team, University of Glasgow, Fraser Building, Glasgow, G12 8QQ (Payment forms cannot be submitted by email).
How to apply
- Complete a Translation Application Form and send to us as detailed on the form.
- Complete a Payment Form and send with your application as appropriate
- Please note: for compliance we cannot accept payment forms by email. Please post forms as detailed on payment form.
- Alternatively you may visit the Service Desk on level 2 of the Fraser Building and apply in person. We can take payments at the desk Monday to Friday: 9.00am – 4.00pm, except Wednesday when we open slightly later at 9.30am.