The Nursing & Healthcare School has a thriving community of postgraduate research students, from both the United Kingdom and overseas. Postgraduate research students can study towards a PhD or MSc by Research.
Our Postgraduate research students come from a range of clinical backgrounds, especially nursing and physiotherapy. Students undertake projects within our two main clinical research themes; Palliative and End of Life Care and Enhancing Care and Support.
All students receive two academic supervisors. Students also receive research training, most of which is provided by the Graduate School of the College of Medicine, Veterinary and Life Sciences.
Students are also encouraged to present papers from their research as well as presenting at external meetings, conferences and other appropriate events. We support students’ networking through shared offices, writing retreats, social events and academic programmes.
We would particularly welcome applications in the following areas/topics:
- Nursing research in Palliative/end of life care
- Palliative/end of life care issues in the care of the older person
- Dignity and end of life care
- Psychosocial interventions and Palliative/end of life care
- Acute & Critical care, Clinical skills, Interprofessional Learning, Simulation, Advanced practice, Professionalism
- End-of-life stroke care provided in non-stroke unit settings; Incidence, barriers, facilitators and patient and family experiences
Further information for prospective students is available from the Graduate School.
We accept applications all year however most students begin in September, at the start of the academic year. For details on how to apply for a postgraduate research degree see the link below
For further information contact:
- Professor Bridget Johnston
Nursing & Health Care School
University of Glasgow
59 Oakfield Avenue
Glasgow G12 8LL
Tel: +44 (0)141 330 3691
Fax: +44 (0)141 330 3539